Friday, May 15, 2009

ReNEW Your Mind


I was asked what inspires me. My answer: my daughters bag of orange seeds. She had them in her pocket one night while getting ready for bed. I asked her what they were and she said she wanted to plant an orange tree. I quickly began giving her all the reasons why it wouldn't work then I stopped myself and said, when we do the yard we will plant a fruit tree together. I stopped myself because I realized I was taking my disbelief and paradigms and putting them on her without giving her a chance to grow or experience. I was reminded in that moment that seeds are like bits of faith (I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain Matthew 17:20). I saved the seeds as a reminder to keep believing and keep planting. Those seeds inspire me... and I will keep my word and help her plant her tree soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment