Thursday, March 26, 2009

COOL WEBSITE: Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood


I discovered this site while researching government regulations for a client that wants to target children for their all-natural dino-shaped chicken nuggets. Initially, you would think CCFC's cause would be a nemesis for me in that I earn a living through advertising. But if you take a closer look you'll see that CCFC is all about protecting our children from marketers trying to make a buck by exposing them to inappropriate images (advertising that has a negative impact on their personal development). As a mom, I don't want my kids getting toys from McDonald'ss that are for a PG-13 Movie or my daughter accepting Bratz dolls as her self-image (no offense Bratz, she's not even a teen, yet). So, bring on the advertising... just keep it safe for our children. My professional opinion: target Mom to reach children.

No comments:

Post a Comment