Monday, September 14, 2009

My Rant to the easily influenced by the media.


Would someone please explain to me why the leader of our country gets Opted Out on to address our school children but, Bin Laden gets a platform on every major network this morning? And, don't give me that "free country" and "it's the media's fault" crap.

Yes, the media is doing their job to report. But, you can send the media a great big 'I-don't-give-a-damn-what-Bim-Laden-has-to-say' message by simply not watching. If the networks get no ratings, they will get the message to change the content. Hence why I'm mad at the ignorant people.

My irritation started with the media reports and controversy surrounding the fact that Barack Obama wanted to Welcome school children back to school and encourage them to focus and work hard via video. Here is a link to the text. I had a Facebook Friend comment about how the President should let parents do their jobs and AND I had a very suburban colleague that chose to keep her kids out of school. My facebook friend has no children so what does she know about being a parent? And, my colleague mentioned here allows her young children to Souja Boy super man dance. She was telling me how cute her 3-year-old was doing it and asked me if my kids could do it. That would be a big fat HELL NO. Read what that song means here. I'll wait... Uh, huh.

Let me get this straight... you (and probably countless others that were outraged at the President) allow your kids mind to be subliminally bombarded with explicit sexual content but don't want your kids to hear the President of these United States quote successful people and say things to the them like "Make us all proud. I know you can do it."

At the rate society is going, please allow the President to plant seeds so the kids don't turn out like the mindless folks that are raising them.

No comments:

Post a Comment