Wednesday, May 20, 2009

NEW Word: Tech-literate


I thought I made this word up today while seeking tech support. But, apparently I'm abbreviating what's already been established. Nonetheless, I'm still taking credit for it because I've never heard anyone else say it!

Beginning in 1995, President Clinton challenged the nation's parents, teachers, government, community, and business leaders to work together to ensure that all children in America are technologically literate by the dawn of the 21st century--equipped with the communication, math, science, and critical thinking skills essential for the 21st-century economy. In a State of the Union Address in 1996, The U.S. Department of Education defines technology literacy as "computer skills and the ability to use computers and other technology to improve learning, productivity, and performance." and Beginning in 1995, Source

No comments:

Post a Comment